The Church and Convent of Saint John Baptist
The Church and convent of St. John Baptist were built just outside the city walls in the second half of the XVI century. The worship building presents a nave with chapels on the right side and altars on the left one. The interior houses a crucifix by Fra' Angelo from Pietrafitta, two paintings by Donato Paolo Conversi (St. Francis receiving the stigmata and Our Lady of Mount Carmel) and artworks by Gaspare de Populo and Alonso de Corduba. After the suppression of the religious orders, the church became at first a rectory and then a parish, while the annexed convent was converted at first into a kindergarten and then into a hospital and hospice. After a recent restoration, the church is now back in the municipal and parish availability. Near the church stands the Clock Tower, a real symbol of the nineteenth-century urban development of Turi. It is among the finest clock towers in the Land of Bari. It was built in 1892 by Giuseppe Schettini according to the design by the architect Sante Simone.
Source: Wikipedia - Picture from mapio.net
Via Giuseppe Massari, 1