The Church of Saint Nicholas or Our Lady of Consolation
The St. Nicholas Church or Our Lady of Consolation was built in 1733 by Bartolomeo Lopez y Royo and is merged to the Ducal Palace, which in the past he appointed chapel. The facade, inserted into the building elevation, is marked by two orders of pilasters with Corinthian capitals. At the centre of the entrance portal opens, on whose lintel a tombstone with an incision is inserted. Completing the front two reliefs depicting the archangels Michael and Raphael. The interior, with a single hall with a cross vault, is equipped with a baroque altar characterized by two spiral columns Corinthian, decorated with ornamented irregular grooves of acanthus leaves. There are two statues of the eighteenth century papier-mâché Distressed Madonna and the Virgin of Consolation. On the counter there is an inscription in Latin which commemorates the consecration of the church took place in 1878 by Pope Leo XIII.
Source: Wikipedia - Picture by Lupiae